Via @tanialaure @brooklynmuseum Artist Tania L. Balan-Gaubert draws from her Haitian and American heritage and contemplates migration, long-distance nationalism, and belonging through her interdisciplinary practice. https://t.co/C9a39Vw0zM @caribBEING https://t.co/sHwSmnBGhv
Hello IRAAS Alumni Council,
The New York City Affinity Group Networking Reception
Friday June 22, 2018 6PM
Cove Lounge, 325 Malcolm X Blvd, New York 10027
Cash Bar. Online menu https://www.covelounge.com/courses
Happy Hour specials!
Join professionals from various industries to celebrate the start of summer and share opportunities for the future.
Special congratulations to the Class of 2018
- Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. Alumni – Alpha Gamma, ONECA
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. Alumni – Iota Alpha, Phi Theta
- Amazon, Black Employee Network – New York
- Brown University, Inman Page Black Alumni Council – NY, Brown University Latino Alumni Council – NY
- Columbia University, Institute for Research in African American Studies Alumni Council
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., Alumni – Lambda Iota
- Kappa Alpha Psi, Fraternity, Inc. Alumni
- National Black MBA Association Metro New York Chapter
Venue images courtesy Apex Building Group President & COO- Robert Horsford Brown ’96 / Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
“We Are The Ones We Are Waiting For”
Allison Janae Hamilton’s evocative work is influenced by the sights and sounds of the southern landscape. Her photographs, videos, sculptures, and installations feature environments familiar to the north Florida and Tennessee landscapes that are home to her family — boiling swamps and tall pines, vespid wasps and green anoles, wild horses, and white clapboard houses. Hamilton creates a sense of place that is both magical and menacing, with Spanish moss decorating the knotted trees, music filling the humid air, and alligators roaming the shallow waters.
Via Samuel K. Roberts, PhD
Please join me this Thursday Feb 8th 7:30pm at @lincolncenter #Atrium360 for my FREE improvisational ritual performance WILD COTTON-exploring undocomented soundscapes of enslaved African Americans that still haunt us today. Special guest drummer #KassaOverall. (link to my interview with #HillaryBonhomme below) #WildCotton
Via Imani Uzuri